E-file 4868 Now and Extend your Federal Personal Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Maine State Personal Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated February 21, 2022 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
1. Does Maine support tax extension for personal income tax return?
2. What Form does the state of Maine require to apply for an extension?
3. When is the due date to file personal tax Form 1040ME with Maine?
4. How do I pay my balance due to the state of Maine?
Does Maine support tax extension for personal tax returns?Q
Yes. The state of Maine supports the automatic extension of time to file personal income tax Form 1040ME.
What Form does the state of Maine require to apply for an extension?Q
There is no state-specific form to request an extension, as the state of Maine automatically grants the extension for up to 6 months for individuals to file an income tax return
with the state.
When is the due date to file personal tax Form 1040ME with Maine?Q
Maine personal tax return due date is extended to May 17.
The actual due date to file Maine State individual tax extension Form is April 15 for calendar year filers (15th day of 4th month after the tax year ends).
Although the state gives you an automatic 6-month extension to file your return, you must file by the deadline to avoid a late filing penalty.
How do I pay my balance due to the state of Maine?Q
If you owe Maine state taxes, your balance must be paid by the regular due date, or penalties and interest will be charged.
- EZPay system, An online method to make payments directly from a checking or savings account.
- Credit or Debit Card payment over the phone by directly contacting the representative with, --> Business tax: 207-624-9595
To make a payment with the state, use Payment Voucher (Form 1040ME-PV) to make a payment.
To pay electronically, visit State payment options.
Where to mail payment Form 1040ME-PV?Q
Mail the check with the payment voucher to the following address:Maine Revenue Services
PO Box 9101
Augusta, ME 04332-9101