E-file 4868 Now and Extend your Federal Personal Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Minnesota State Personal Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated February 21, 2022 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
1. Does Minnesota support tax extension for personal income tax return?
2. What Form does the state of Minnesota require to apply for an extension?
3. How do I pay my balance due to the state of Minnesota?
4. When is the due date to file personal tax Form M1 with Minnesota?
Does Minnesota support tax extension for personal tax returns?Q
Yes. The state of Minnesota supports the automatic extension of time to file personal income tax Form M1.
What Form does the state of Minnesota require to apply for an extension?Q
There is no state-specific form to request an extension, as the state of Minnesota automatically grants the extension for up to 6 months for individuals to file an income tax return
with the state.
When is the due date to file personal tax Form M1 with Minnesota?Q
Minnesota personal tax return due date is extended to May 17.
The actual due date to file Minnesota State individual tax extension Form is April 15 for calendar year filers (15th day of 4th month after the tax year ends).
Although the state gives you an automatic 6-month extension to file your return, you must file by the deadline to avoid a late filing penalty.
How do I pay my balance due to the state of Minnesota?Q
If you owe Minnesota state taxes, your balance must be paid by the regular due date, or penalties and interest will be charged.
- Use the e-Services Payment System
- Call 1-800-570-3329, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You can also make ACH Credit Payment, Check or Money Order, Credit Card Or Debit Card and also by Cash
To make a payment with the state, use Payment Voucher (Form M1) to make a payment.
To pay electronically, visit State payment options.
Where to mail payment Form 40V?Q
Mail the check with the payment voucher to the following address:Minnesota Income Tax
P.O. Box 327467,
Montgomery, AL 36132-7320.