Business Tax Extension Form 7004: E-file with ExpressExtension Today!
Half a year can make a huge difference for any business. Apply for an automatic tax extension of up to 7 more months to e-file your formsStart Filing Now
ExpressExtension - the #1 tax extension e-filing solution
- IRS-authorized e-file provider
- Access your account from any mobile device
- US-based customer support team
- View live status update on your forms and much more!
IRS Form 7004: Application of extension of time to file certain business income tax and other information returns
Business Tax Extension Form 7004 is used to request an automatic tax extension up to 7 months to file business income taxes for 2017 based on business type and tax year period. Business Extension Form 7004 is due on March 15th for the 2017 tax year.
- Generally, the period of time for an automatic extension to file a tax return is 6 months.
- However, some exceptions do apply for certain filers of Form 1041 and for C-corporations with tax years ending on June 30.
- Furthermore, an estate (other than a bankruptcy estate) and a trust that file Form 1041 are eligible for an automatic 5 1/2-month extension of time to file.
- C-corporations with tax years ending on June 30 are eligible for an automatic 7-month extension of time to file (6-month extension if filing Form 1120-POL).
For more information, see the instructions for Part II, lines 2 and 4, for exceptions of foreign corporations, certain domestic corporations, and certain partnerships with their books and records outside of the United States and Puerto Rico as well as the instructions for the applicable return for its due date.
View our Help Videos for a full walk through.
What You Need to E-file IRS Form 7004?
Gather the business data the IRS requires for you to file a Form 7004 tax extension, including your business name, EIN, business address, and primary contact. Make sure your information matches what the IRS has on record. You can verify your information with the IRS by calling 1-800-829-4933
Steps to E-file Form 7004 Online
Create your ExpressExtension account and click "Create Business Tax Extension" from your dashboard screen. If you owe the IRS money, you'll need to estimate the total income tax payment for the filing year. It's typically a guess, though some clients assume a similar tax situation from their prior year; however, with the recent economic turbulence, that option might not apply. Try to give as accurate an estimation as possible.
Once you have your information and estimate in hand, simply follow the on-screen directions, fill out the Form 7004 online, and we'll do the rest. Make sure to type carefully and accurately - no sense in getting rejected over a typo!
What Happens When You E-file Form 7004 with ExpressExtension?
Your IRS Form 7004 gets checked and made clear of standard errors. Afterward, your tax extension electronically transmits to the IRS through our authorized and secure, e-filing network, so your information remains safe.
Depending on volume, you could hear back from the IRS in less than an hour. We keep you updated with any new information from the IRS via email. If your IRS Form 7004 gets rejected, though not many do, we tell you why and help sort through the problem. You can correct errors and resubmit for free. Don't let that worry you, most requests come back approved because it's that easy!