E-file 7004 Now and Extend your Federal Business Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
- Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of West Virginia State Business Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated Feb 27, 2021 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
Does West Virginia support tax extension for business income tax returns?Q
What Form does the state of West Virginia require to apply for an extension?Q
The businesses operating (as Corporation) in West Virginia need to file Form CIT-120EXT with the state to obtain a 6-month extension of time to file their business income tax return with the state.
- Form CIT-120EXT - Request for Six-Month Extension to File West Virginia Corporation Income Tax Return.
For Pass-Through Entity
S Corporation & Partnerships are considered as Pass-Through Entities in West Virginia State. The businesses operating (as PTE) in West Virginia need to file Form PTE-100EXT with the state to obtain a 6-month extension of time to file their business income tax return with the state.
When is the deadline to file Form CIT-120EXT & Form PTE-100EXT with the state of West Virginia?Q
West Virginia Corporate Tax Extension
West Virginia Corporate tax extension Form CIT-120EXT is due by the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the corporation reporting period.
For corporations operating on a calendar year, this deadline is on April 15. 2021.
Form CIT-120EXT grants an automatic 6-month extension of time to file Form CNF-120.
West Virginia Pass Through Entity Tax Extension
West Virginia state S-Corporation & Partnership tax extension Form PTE-100EXT is due by the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of the Pass Through Entity tax period.
For S-Corporations & partnership operating on the calendar year, this deadline is on March 15, 2021.
To file an extension for Form SPF-100, apply for an extension using Form PTE-100EXT on or before the same date the Pass Through Entity tax return is due.
Form PTE-100EXT grants an automatic 6-month extension of time to file Form spf-100.
Note: Make sure to pay any taxes due along with the extension Form to avoid penalties and interest.
How do I pay my balance due along with the extension Form?Q
You can choose to pay your balance due along with your return by using any one of the following options:
- If you have an extension of time to file, payment of any tax due may be made by filing a tentative return.
- EFT - Electronic Funds Transfer (use https://tax.wv.gov/ to make EFT payments)
- West Virginia accepts ACH Credits, ACH Debits and Credit Cards.
- Check or money order - Make checks payable to the West Virginia Department of Revenue. Include the taxpayer’s EIN on the front of the check or money order. Include the check or money order with the extension request.
- Use Form WV/PTE-100ES, West Virginia Estimated Income Tax Payment for S-Corporations and Partnerships, to report all withholding tax payments associated with a West Virginia S-Corporation or Partnership Tax Return.
Where do I mail the West Virginia Extension Form CIT-120EXT & Form PTE-100EXT?Q
Mail Form CIT-120EXT to the following address:West Virginia State Tax Department Tax Account Administration Division,
PO Box 1202 Charleston,
Mail Form PTE-100EXT to the following address:West Virginia State Tax Department Tax Account Administration Division,
PO Box 11751 Charleston,