E-file 7004 Now and Extend your Federal Business Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
- Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Montana State Business Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated Feb 27, 2021 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
Does Montana support tax extension for business tax returns?Q
Yes. The state of Montana supports the automatic extension of time to file business income tax returns with the state.
What Form does the state of Montana require to apply for an extension?Q
There is no state-specific form to request an extension, as the state of Montana automatically provides the extension for up to 6 months for businesses to file an income tax return with the state.
How do I pay my balance due to the state of Montana with my extension?Q
You can choose to pay your balance due along with your return by using any one of the following options:
- File and pay using an approved corporate income tax software provider,
- Pay taxes using Business Tax Express,
- Make ACH Credit Payments, or
- Use the Montana Corporate Income Tax Return (Form CIT),
- Electronic Funds Transfer - Visit https://mtrevenue.gov/,
When is the deadline to file a business tax return with Montana?Q
Partnership & S Corporation (Pass-Through Entity)
- Businesses in Montana (operating as Partnership & S Corporation) have to file their
Form PTE by the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of the accounting period.
- Businesses in Montana (operating as Single Member LLC, classified as a partnership) have to file their Form DER-1 by the 31st day of the 8th month following the end of the accounting period.
- Businesses in Montana (operating as C Corporation) have to file their Form CIT by the 15th day of the 5th month following the end of the accounting period.
Where to mail payment Forms CT, SB, and PR?Q
Mail Form to the following address:Montana Department Of Revenue,
P.O. Box 8021,
Helena, MT 59604-8021.