E-file 7004 Now and Extend your Federal Business Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
- Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Vermont State Business Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated February 21, 2022 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Does Vermont support tax extension for business income
Yes. The state of Vermont requires businesses to
file a Federal Form 7004 rather than requesting a separate state tax extension.
State Tax Extension Form can be filed only if the federal tax extension
What Form does the state of Vermont require to apply for
The businesses operating
(as Corporation & Partnership) in Vermont need to file Form BA-403 with the state to obtain a 30 day extension of time to file their business income tax return with the state.
- Form BA-403 - Application for extension of time for filing state income tax return.
When is the deadline to file Form BA-403 with the state of Vermont?
Vermont Corporation Tax Extension
Vermont State General Business Corporation tax extension
Form CO-411 is due by the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the corporation reporting period.
For corporations operating on a calendar year, this deadline is on April 15.
To file an extension for Form CO-411, apply for an extension using Form BA-403 on or before the same date the business tax return is due.
(Not required when you have approved federal extension)
Form BA-403 - grants an automatic 30 day extension of time to file the Form CO-411.
Vermont S-Corporation, Partnership & LLC Tax Extension
Vermont State S-Corporation, LLC & Partnership tax return Form BI-471 is due by the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of the corporation reporting period.
For S-Corporation & Partnership operating on a calendar year, this deadline is on March 15.
To file an extension for Vermont Form BI-471, apply for an extension using Form BA-403 on or before the same date the business tax return is due. (Not required when you have approved federal extension)
Form BA-403 - grants an automatic 30 day extension of time to file the Form BI-471.
How do I pay my balance due along with the extension Form?
You may make electronic payments regardless of the method used to file your return using one of the following payment methods:
- myVTax, a convenient and free service that allows you to manage, file, and pay your Vermont taxes using ACH Debit. You may also pay through myVTax using your Credit Card, subject to a 3% processing fee which is retained by the service company. ACH Credit, is an easy and convenient way to pay your Vermont taxes. Review the ACH Credit instructions and ACH Credit Payments QuickStart Guide to
- Mail your personal check, cashier’s check, or money order payable to the Vermont Department of Taxes. If you are submitting any of the following paper forms by mail, you may submit your payment with the paper forms below.
Otherwise, include a Business Income Tax Return Payment Voucher to ensure the payment will be properly applied to your account and period.
Where do I mail the extension Form BA-403?
Mail Form Form BA-403 to the following address: