E-file IRS Form 7004 Now to Extend 1120, 1065 & 1041 Filing deadline!

E-File 7004 & Avoid Late Filing Penalties

  • Quickly and easily e-file with our tax extension software
  • Get an automatic extension up to 7 months to file your business taxes
  • No explanation required
  • IRS Authorized Provider
  • Instant Approval
  • US Based Support

The IRS Form 7004 is an extension form for getting an automatic extension of time to file certain business income tax, information, and other returns. Form 7004 is now automatic, meaning you do not need to include a signature or explanation for an extension of time.

E-File 7004 Form with ExpressExtension

ExpressExtension is an IRS authorized e-file provider of business tax extension forms. Our cloud based software will conveniently transmit your Form 7004 safely and securely to the IRS. Also, our step-by-step instructions help to quickly e-file and transmit the form. Then within a matter of minutes you'll be notified about the status of the IRS approval.

ExpressExtension supports e-filing for all types of business entities, including C-Corps (1120), S-Corps (1120S), Multi-Member LLCs, Partnerships (1065), Trusts, and Estates.

Corporation Tax Returns – 1120 Form

The due date and taxes of the corporate business must be paid on the 15th of the fourth month after the end of the fiscal year. So, it means that if a business whose year-end date is on December 31st, then it must file and pay taxes by April 15 using Form 1120.

If you are unable to prepare your 1120 return on time, you can get an automatic six month extension of time to file the tax return by applying Form 7004 with the IRS. So if the due date is on April 15, then you get extension till October 15 for filing the appropriate tax return.

S Corporation Tax Return – 1120-S Form

S Corporations need to file their tax return by 15th March using the Form 1120-S and if the business needs more time, it can get a six month automatic extension of time to file tax return by filing extension Form 7004. Doing so will extend your deadline till September 16.

Partnership & Multi-Member LLC Tax Returns – 1065 Form

The due date for filing the business tax return of the partnership and multiple member LLC firm is on March 15th and they must complete it using Form 1065. If the business is unable to file the tax return within the original deadline, it can get a six month automatic extension of time to file its tax return (Form 1065) using Form 7004. So, a partnership firm would have until September 16 for filing the partnership tax return if they have applied 7004.

Form 7004 E-Filing Requirements:

For Business Tax Extension Form 7004 you'll need the business name, Employer Identification Number (EIN), business address, tax form you would like an extension for, and an estimated amount of the taxes you owe, if applicable.

Steps to E-File 7004:

Step 1: Begin by creating your free account with ExpressExtension.
Step 2: Enter the basic business details including the Business name, EIN, Address, and Primary Contact.
Step 3: Select the business entity type and choose the form you would like to file an extension for.
Step 4: Select the tax year and select the option if your organization is a Holding Company.
Step 5: Enter and make a payment on the total estimated tax owed to the IRS.
Step 6: Carefully review your form for errors.
Step 7: Pay and transmit your form to the IRS.

Help Video: How to E-File 7004 with ExpressExtension?

This video serves as your step-by-step guide and shows how ExpressExtension makes e-filing a business tax extension form easy.