Rhode Island Business Tax Extension Filing Requirements
- Form RI-7004 (Automatic Extension For RI-1120C, RI-1120S and RI-1065 Filers)
Tax Extension Due Date for S-Corporation
March 15, 2024
Tax Extension Due Date for
April 15, 2024
ExpressExtension supports the filing of Rhode Island Business Tax Extension Form RI-7004. Fill out and download your state business tax extension for just $2.00/form when you file a federal form 7004 with us!
Does Rhode Island allow an extension for state business
Yes! The businesses operating in the State of Rhode Island can apply for an extension to file their business tax returns and get an automatic extension of up to 6 months.
What form is used to request a business tax extension with the State of Rhode Island?
The businesses operating (as Corporation or S-Corporation or Partnership) in Rhode Island need to file Form RI-7004 with the state to obtain a 6-month extension of time to file their business income tax return
with the state.
- Form RI-7004 - Automatic Extension Request For RI-1120C, RI-1120S, and
When is the deadline to file Form RI-7004 with the State of
Rhode Island Corporation Tax Extension (RI-1120C Extension)
- The Rhode Island Corporate tax Form RI-1120C is due by the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the taxable year. For corporations operating on a calendar tax year, the deadline is on April 15.
For corporations with a fiscal tax year ending on June 30, Form RI-1120C is due on or before the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of the taxable year (These corporations can get a maximum of 7 months extension by filing
To request an extension of Form RI-1120C deadline, file Form RI-7004 on or before the same date the business tax return is due and get an automatic 6-month extension
Rhode Island S-Corporation Tax Extension
- Rhode Island state S-Corporation tax Form RI-1120S is due by the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of the taxable year. The deadline for S-Corporations operating on the calendar tax year is March 15.
- File Form RI-7004 on or before the original deadline of the business tax return to apply for an automatic extension of up to 6 months.
Rhode Island Partnership Tax Extension (RI-1065 Extension)
- Rhode Island State Partnership tax return Form RI-1065 is due by the 15th day of the 3rd month after the end of the taxable year. The deadline for partnerships operating on the calendar year is on March 15.
- To request an extension of the Form RI-1065 deadline, file Form RI-7004 on or before the same date the partnership tax return is due and get an automatic 6-month extension of time.
What information is required to file Form
- The Business Name and Address
- The FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number)
- The date that your business’s tax year ends.
- Any estimated taxes due for the current tax year and any amounts paid.
How do I file Form RI-7004 with the state of Rhode Island using ExpressExtension?
Completing and downloading RI-7004 is a simple process with ExpressExtension, just follow the steps below.
- Choose Form RI-7004
- Fill out the Form Details
Download, print, and mail the extension form to the state using the
How do I pay my balance due to the state when filing a Rhode Island Business Tax Extension Form?
You can submit the tax payment with Form RI-7004 or online using the electronic payment offered by the State of Rhode Island (https://taxportal.ri.gov).
Where do I mail the extension Form RI-7004?
You should mail Form RI-7004 to the following address:
Get Your IRS and State
Business Tax Extension with ExpressExtension
- Automatic extension up to 6 months
- Instant IRS Approval
- File From any Device
- Retransmit rejected IRS returns
- Dedicated Customer Support