E-file 4868 Now and Extend your Federal Personal Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Wisconsin State Personal Income
- Updated February 21, 2022 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
1. Does Wisconsin support tax extension for personal income tax return?
2. What Form does the state of Wisconsin require to apply for an extension?
3. When is the due date to file personal tax Form 1 with Wisconsin?
4. How do I pay my balance due to the state of Wisconsin?
Does Wisconsin support tax extension for personal tax returns?Q
Yes. The state of Wisconsin supports the automatic extension of time to file personal income tax Form 1.
What Form does the state of Wisconsin require to apply for an extension?Q
There is no state-specific form to request an extension, as the state of Kansas automatically grants the extension for up to 6 months for individuals to file an income tax return with the state if you have a valid federal extension Form 4868.
When is the due date to file personal tax Form 1 with Wisconsin?Q
Wisconsin personal tax filings are due by May 17 for calendar tax year filers, and the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the taxable year for fiscal year filers.
How do I pay my balance due to the state of Wisconsin?Q
If you owe Wisconsin state taxes, your balance must be paid by the regular due date, or penalties and interest will be charged.
You may pay your tax due with check, money order, credit card, E-Check, or ACH Debit or mailing the payment voucher
- Credit Card: You may choose to use your Discover/Novus, Visa, Master Card, or American Express card.
- ACH Debit: You may pay by ACH Debit by going to https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQS/ise-payment.aspx
To make a payment with the state, use Payment Voucher (Form 1-ES) to make a payment.
Where to mail payment Form 1-ES?Q
Mail the check with the payment voucher to the following address:Wisconsin Department of Revenue
PO Box 930208,
Milwaukee, WI 53293-0208.