E-file IRS Form 4868 Now to Extend your 1040 deadline!
IRS Form 4868 is the application for an automatic extension of time for individual or joint taxpayers to file their U.S. tax returns. Personal Tax Extension Form 4868 automatically grants individual and joint filers a 6-month extension to file their federal individual tax returns.
IRS Form 4868 also provides tax extensions for 1099 Contractors, Single Member LLCs, and Schedule C Sole Proprietors.
Important : Form 4868 tax extension does not extend the deadline for payment of any taxes owed.
E-Filing Form 4868 With ExpressExtension
ExpressExtension is one of the leading IRS-authorized, e-file providers for Extension Form 4868. With our interview style e-filing process, applying for the 4868 extension with the IRS is quick and easy. You can access ExpressExtension from any location at any time, with any web based device, including smartphones and tablets.
Form 4868 E-Filing Requirements:
To E-file Personal Tax Extension Form 4868, you will need your name, social security number, address, the form code that you typically use to file your taxes, and any estimated taxes owed if applicable. If you are married and filing jointly, you will need the same information for your spouse.
E-filing IRS Form 4868 with ExpressExtension is the quickest and easiest way to file your tax extension. You can simply complete the form and transmit it to the IRS in minutes without having to deal with complex paper forms or waiting.
Steps to E-file 4868:
- Step 1: Begin by creating a free account with ExpressExtension.
- Step 2: Select the extension type you would like to apply for. (Either individual or joint filing)
- Step 3: Enter the Primary Taxpayer Information such as name, SSN, and address.
- Step 4: If you don't owe any taxes simply proceed to the next step, otherwise provide the following information:
- Total tax liability amount
- Total payments you have made throughout the year
- Balance due to the IRS
- Amount you will pay to the IRS
- Step 5: Review your form summary & check for any errors.
- Step 6: Pay for your form and transmit it to the IRS.
Help Video: How to E-File Form 4868 with ExpressExtension
This video includes step-by-step instructions on how to quickly and easily e-file Personal Tax Extension Form 4868 with ExpressExtension.