E-file 7004 Now and Extend your Federal Business Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
- Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Indiana State Business Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated Feb 27, 2021 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Does Indiana support tax extension for business tax returns?
Yes. The state of Indiana provides the automatic extension of time to file business income tax returns with the state, if the businesses have filed the federal extension Form 7004 and it is approved by the IRS.
If an extension of time to file is not requested with the Internal Revenue Service using
Form 7004, a special extension of time to file a business income tax return with the state must be requested.
What Form does the state of Indiana require to apply for
There is no state-specific form to request an extension. Businesses must write a written request prior to the due date with an explanation of why the extension is requested.
How do I pay my balance due to the state of Indiana with
You can choose to pay your balance due along with your return by using any one of the following options:
- Pay Indiana Business Taxes with INTIME (Indiana Taxpayer Information Management Engine) a secure portal for businesses to pay taxes online.
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Businesses must use Form IT-6 to make a payment when filing an extension.
- Fiduciaries must use Form IT-41ES to make a payment when filing an extension.
When is the deadline to file a business tax return with Indiana?
- Businesses in Indiana (operating as Corporation) have to file their Form IT-20 by the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the accounting period.
- Businesses operating as S-corporations in Indiana are required to file Form IT-20S by the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of the accounting period.
- Businesses in Indiana (operating as a partnership) have to file their Form IT-65 by the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of the accounting period.
- Businesses in Indiana (operating as Fiduciary) have to file their Form IT-41 by the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the accounting period.
Where should I mail the Indiana extension Form?
The request for a special extension of time to file should be sent to:
Mail the completed Form IT-6 & IT-41ES extension and your tax payment to the