E-file 7004 Now and Extend your Federal Business Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
- Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Indiana State Business Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated Feb 27, 2021 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of Content:
Does Indiana support tax extension for business tax returns?Q
Yes. The state of Indiana provides the automatic extension of time to file business income tax returns with the State if the businesses have filed the federal extension Form 7004 and it is approved by the IRS.
If an extension of time to file is not requested with the Internal Revenue Service using
Form 7004, a special extension of time to file a business income tax return with the state must be requested.
What Form does the state of Indiana require to apply for an extension?Q
There is no state-specific form to request an extension. Businesses must write a written request prior to the due date with an explanation of why the extension is requested.
Note: Businesses must pay, by the original due date for filing its return, at least 90 percent of the tax that is reasonably expected to be due. Any amount due should be sent as a fifth-quarter estimated payment.
How do I pay my balance due to the state of Indiana with my extension?Q
You can choose to pay your balance due along with your return by using any one of the following options:
- Pay Indiana Business Taxes with INTIME (Indiana Taxpayer Information Management Engine) a secure portal for businesses to pay taxes online.
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Form E-6 to report payment along with an extension.
When is the deadline to file a business tax return with Indiana?Q
- Businesses in Indiana (operating as Corporation) have to file their Form IT-20 by the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the accounting period.
- Businesses in Illinois (operating as S-Corporation) have to file their Form IT-20S by the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of the accounting period.
- Businesses in Indiana (operating as a partnership) have to file their Form IT-65 by the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of the accounting period.
Where do I mail the extension Form F-7004?Q
The request for a special extension of time to file should be sent to:Indiana Dept. of Revenue
Data Control Business Tax Returns Processing Center
100 N. Senate Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2253
Mail the completed Form E-6 extension payment to the following address:Indiana Department of Revenue,
Corporate Tax Division, P.O. Box 7228,
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7228