E-file 4868 Now and Extend your Federal Personal Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of South Carolina State Personal Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated February 21, 2022 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
1. Does South Carolina support tax extension for personal income tax return?
2. What Form does the state of South Carolina require to apply for an extension?
3. When is the due date to file personal tax Form SC-1040 with South Carolina?
4. How do I pay my balance due to the state of South Carolina?
Does South Carolina support tax extension for personal tax returns?Q
Yes. The state of South Carolina supports the automatic extension of time to file personal income tax Form SC-1040.
What Form does the state of South Carolina require to apply for an extension?Q
There is no state-specific form to request an extension, as the state of South Carolina automatically grants the extension for up to 6 months for individuals to file an income tax return with the state.
When is the due date to file personal tax Form SC-1040 with South Carolina?Q
South Carolina personal tax filings are due by May 17 for calendar tax year filers, and the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the taxable year for fiscal year filers.
How do I pay my balance due to the state of South Carolina?Q
If you owe South Carolina state taxes, your balance must be paid by the regular due date, or penalties and interest will be charged.
To make a payment with the state, use Payment Voucher Form SC1040-V to make a payment.
- Can pay electronically using DOR ePay
- VISA or MasterCard or by Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW).
To pay electronically, visit State payment options.
Where to mail payment Form SC1040-V?Q
Mail the check with the payment voucher to the following address:SCDOR, IIT Voucher,
PO Box 100123,
Columbia, SC 29202.