Avoid the hassle of e-filing your 1099 and 1095 forms in a rush before March 31, 2023!
Request an Extension Today.
What Information is Required to file 2022 Information Tax Extension Form 8809 Online?
- Tax Payer Details such as Name, TIN,
- Type of Forms for which the extension
See why our customers choose us year after year
ExpressExtension - The Smart Business Owners Choice
Easy navigation and the information from last year is saved into the system so that I don’t have to type it all in again.
User-Friendly and Fast!
The auto form. Love it! Your site is very user friendly and fast! One chore on my list made easy.
This was the first time that I used your service. The process was very easy and self-explanatory.
Quick and Easy!
Storing my info from past so the process is quick and easy and I did not have to look up anything in my records to complete.
User friendly, information regarding state extensions is readily available. I'm very appreciative that the site is resourceful.
Always an excellent experience, so easy to use and understand..very supportive and service oriented!
Very easy to use, clear instructions, phone numbers and social security numbers pre-fill with dashes in the right places. It all works just great. I did not use customer service or support.
Easiest way to manage filings!
This is absolutely the easiest way to manage tax filings for a small business. We have used Express Extension for 1099s and extensions, and it takes all the pressure out of the process.
Easy to Use
Convenient and easy to use. Also love the email and text features, Thorough process, Sound explanations for each stage (help texts), payment options and Dashboard.
Frequently asked questions about Form 8809 Extension
What is IRS Form 8809?
The Information Return Extension Form 8809 is used by businesses that need more time to file their 1099s, ACA, or information forms with the IRS. Upon filing the IRS Form 8809, you can get a 30-day automatic extension to file your information tax returns
How to extend the filing deadline for W2 and 1099-NEC forms?
- The filer suffered from a catastrophic event in a federally declared disaster area that made the filer unable to resume operations or made necessary records unavailable.
- Fire, casualty, or natural disaster affected the operation of the filer.
- Death, serious illness, or unavoidable absence of the individual responsible for filing the information returns affected the operation of the filer.
- The filer was in the first year of establishment.
When is the deadline to file Extension Form 8809?
The deadline to file the extension Form 8809 is based on the form for which the extension is being requested.
|Form||Paper Filing Deadline||E-filing Deadline|
|W-2, and 1099-NEC||January 31st, 2023||January 31st, 2023|
|1094-C and 1095||February 28th, 2023||March 31st, 2023|
|1099 Forms (Except 1099-NEC)||February 28th, 2023||March 31st, 2023|
|W-2G, 1097, 1098, 3921, 3922, and 8027||February 28th, 2023||March 31st, 2023|
|1042-S||March 15, 2023||March 15, 2023|
|5498||May 31, 2023||May 31, 2023|
Looking to file W2, 1099, and ACA Forms?
Get Started with TaxBandits, our sister product, and complete your filing without any hassle and for the lowest price available
in the market.
What are the Late Filing Penalties for Form 8809?
If you file information returns late, and you have not applied for an extension by filing IRS Form 8809, you may be subject to the following late filing penalties:
- $50/return for information returns filed within 30 days after the deadline with a maximum penalty of $588,500 (for large businesses) and $206,000 (for small businesses).
- $110/return for information returns that are delayed more than 31 days but not later than August 1 with a maximum penalty of $1,766,000 (for large businesses) or $588,500 (for small businesses).
- $290/return for information returns filed after August 1 with a maximum penalty of $3,532,500 (for large businesses) or $1,177,500 (for small businesses).