What Information is Required to file 2021 Information Tax Extension Form 8809 Online?
- Tax Payer Details such as Name, TIN,
- Type of Forms for which the extension
Frequently asked questions about Form 8809 Extension
What is IRS Form 8809?
Information Return Extension Form 8809 is for employers or individuals who need more time to file their 1099s, ACA, or information forms with the IRS. Filing IRS Form 8809 gives you a 30-day extension and automatic approval instantly!
Can I extend the filing deadline of W2 and 1099-NEC forms?
- The filer suffered from a catastrophic event in a federally declared disaster area that made the filer unable to resume operations or made necessary records unavailable
- Fire, casualty, or natural disaster affected the operation of the filer
- Death, serious illness, or unavoidable absence of the individual responsible for filing the information returns affected the operation of the filer
- The filer was in the first year of establishment
When is the deadline to file Extension Form 8809?
The deadline to file the extension Form 8809 is based on the form for which the extension is being requested.
|Form||Paper Filing Deadline||E-filing Deadline|
|W-2, and 1099-NEC||January 31st, 2022||January 31st, 2022|
|1094-C and 1095||February 28th, 2022||March 31st, 2022|
|1099 Forms||February 28th, 2022||March 31st, 2022|
|W-2G, 1097, 1098, 3921, 3922, and 8027||February 28th, 2022||March 31st, 2022|
|1042-S||March 15, 2022||March 15, 2022|
|5498||May 31, 2022||May 31, 2022|
ExpressExtension, an IRS authorized e-file provider offers efiling solution for the extension Form 8809. Get Started Today and get your extension approved by the IRS in minutes.
Looking to file W2, 1099, and ACA Forms? Get Started with TaxBandits, our sister product and complete your filing without any hassle and for the lowest price available in the market.
What are the Late Filing Penalty?
With IRS Form 8809, you can receive additional time to file your information returns; however, it does not pardon you from filing the returns altogether. If you file information returns late, and you have not applied for and received an approved extension, you may be subject to the following late filing penalties:
- $50 per information return filed less than 30 days late with a maximum penalty of $529,500 per year or $185,000 for
- $100 per information return filed between 30 to 120 days late, which can go up to a maximum penalty of $1,589,000 per year or $529,500 for small businesses.
- $260 per information return filed more than 120 days late or not filed at all, with a maximum penalty of $3,178,500 per year or $1,059,500 for small businesses.
See why our customers choose us year after year
ExpressExtension - The Smart Business Owners Choice
Very easy to navigate and complete in a relatively short period of time. I was notified via email that the extension request was accepted by the IRS within seconds of submitting the form. Really, Seconds not Minutes.
- Shawn M Q, Nevada
Convenient and easy to use. Also love the email and text features, Thorough process, Sound explanations for each stage (help texts), payment options and Dashboard.
- Tatchanna C, Georgia
Easy navigation and the information from last year is saved into the system so that I don’t have to type it all in again. Live chat meant live chat, and fast.
Thank you for that.
- Wesley W, Illinois
This is a life-saver! For the first time in 44 years I need to request an extension on my business taxes and I had no idea how I was going to get the Form 7004 from Louisiana on March 13 to Utah by March 15. Thank you for this service.
- Susan D, Georgia
This is absolutely the easiest way to manage tax filings for a small business. We have used Express Extension for 1099s and extensions, and it takes all the pressure out of the process.
- Laura O, Texas
Storing my info from the past so the process is quick and easy and I did not have to look up anything in my records to complete. The email reminder saved me from missing an important filing deadline! Thanks!
- Martin M, New York