E-file 4868 Now and Extend your Federal Personal Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Montana State Personal Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated February 21, 2022 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
1. Does Montana support tax extension for personal income tax return?
2. What Form does the state of Montana require to apply for an extension?
3. How do I pay my balance due to the state of Montana?
4. When is the due date to file personal tax Form 2 with Montana?
Does Montana support tax extension for personal tax returns?Q
Yes. The state of Montana supports the automatic extension of time to file personal income tax Form 2.
What Form does the state of Montana require to apply for an extension?Q
There is no state-specific form to request an extension, as the state of Montana automatically grants the extension for up to 6 months for individuals to file an income tax return
with the state.
When is the due date to file personal tax Form 2 with Montana?Q
Montana personal tax filings are due by May 17, for calendar tax filers, and the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the taxable year for fiscal year filers.
How do I pay my balance due to the state of Montana?Q
If you owe Montana state taxes, your balance must be paid by the regular due date, or penalties and interest will be charged.
To make a payment with the state, use Payment Voucher (Form IT) to make a payment.
- e-Pay option: Can make payments online using the TransAction Portal (TAP)
To pay electronically, visit State payment options.
Where to mail payment Form-IT?Q
Mail the check with the payment voucher to the following address:Montana Department of Revenue
PO Box 6308
Helena, MT 59604-6308