Florida Business Tax Extension Filing Requirements
The state requires businesses to file a separate extension form.
Form F-7004 - Florida Tentative Income/Franchise Tax Return and Application for Extension of Time
to File Return
Tax Extension Deadline for
May 1, 2023
Tax Extension Deadline for Partnerships
April 3, 2023
ExpressExtension supports the filing of Florida Business Tax Extension Form F-7004.
Does Florida allow an extension for state business income returns?
Yes! The State of Florida allows businesses to apply for a business tax extension of up to 6 months if they need more time to file their tax returns with the state department.
What form is used to request a business tax extension with the State of Florida?
Apart from the Federal tax extension Form 7004, all the businesses operating in Florida can file Form F-7004 with the state to obtain a 6-month extension of time to file their state business income tax return.
- Form F-7004 - Florida Tentative Income/Franchise Tax Return and Application for Extension of Time to
When is the deadline to file Form F-7004 with the State of Florida?
Businesses must file Form F-7004 with the state on or before the original filing deadline of their tax return.
Florida Corporation Tax Extension (F-1120 Extension)
- Generally, the due date to file Form F-1120 is the 1st day of the 5th month after the tax year ends (or) the 15th day after the federal business tax deadline, whichever is later. If the organization follows a calendar tax year, the deadline is May 1.
- For organizations that follow a fiscal tax year ending on June 30, the deadline to file Form F-1120 is either the 1st day of the 4th month after the tax year ending (or) the 15th day after the federal business tax deadline, whichever date is later.
- Corporations that need more time to prepare their F-1120 return should file Form F-7004 on or before this deadline for an automatic 6-month extension of time. (7 months for Corporations with June 30 tax year endings).
Florida Partnership Tax Extension (F-1065 Extension)
- Florida State Partnership tax return Form F-1065 is due by the 1st day of the 4th month after the end of the taxable year. The deadline for partnerships operating on the calendar year is on April 1.
To request an extension of the Form F-1065 deadline, file Form F-7004 on or before the same date the partnership tax return is due to get an automatic 6-month extension
What information is required to file Form
- Basic business details such as Name, Address, and FEIN
- Type of federal return filed
- Reason for requesting an extension of time
- Details for reaching the main contact person
- Tentative amount of Florida taxes due for the corresponding tax year.
How do I file Form F-7004 with the state of Florida using ExpressExtension?
With ExpressExtension, you can complete and download Form F-7004 by following the steps below.
- Choose Form F-7004
- Fill in the Form Details
- Download, print, and mail the extension form to the state using the
How do I pay my balance due to the state when filing a Florida Business Tax Extension Form?
There are two options for making state tax payments:
- Online payment via https://taxapps.floridarevenue.com/Corporate/Login.aspx
- Check or Money Order
Where do I mail the extension Form F-7004?
Mail Form F-7004 to the following address:
Get Your Business Tax Extension Easily with our Cloud-Based software!
- Supports IRS and State extensions
- Automatic extension of up to 6 months
- Instant IRS Approval
- File From any Device
- Retransmit rejected IRS returns
- Dedicated Customer Support