E-file 7004 Now and Extend your Federal Business Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
- Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Maine State Business Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated Feb 27, 2021 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
Does Maine support tax extension for business tax returns?Q
Yes. The state of Maine provides the automatic extension of time to file business income tax returns with the State if the businesses have filed the federal extension Form 7004 and it is approved by the IRS.
What Form does the state of Maine require to apply for an extension?Q
There is no state-specific form to request an extension. Businesses can file a federal Form 7004 to obtain an extension with the state of Maine.
Note: Businesses must pay any tax owed by the original due date of the tax return to obtain the extension.
When is the deadline to file a business tax return with Maine?Q
- Businesses in Maine have to file their Form 1120ME within the 15th day of the 4th month after the end of the accounting period.
How do I pay my balance due to the state of Maine with my extension?Q
You can choose to pay your balance due along with your return by using any one of the following options:
- Electronic Funds Transfer - ACH Credit / Debit Method
- Maine EZ Pay - Visit https://portal.maine.gov/ezpay/welcome
- Online payment or Wire Transfer
- Check - use payment voucher FORM 1120EXT-ME
Where to mail the Maine business tax extension payment voucher?Q
Mail the check with the payment voucher to the following address:Maine Revenue Services,
P.O. Box 9101,
Augusta, ME 04332-9101.