Georgia Business Tax Extension Filing Requirements
Approved Federal Form 7004 - Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax,
Information, and Other Returns
- Form IT-303 - Application for Extension of Time for Filing State Income Tax Returns
Tax Extension Due Date for S-Corporation and Partnership
March 15, 2023
Tax Extension Due Date for Corporation and Fiduciary
April 18, 2023
ExpressExtension supports the filing of Georgia Business Tax Extension Form RI-7004.
Does Georgia support tax extension for business income
Yes! Businesses operating in the State of Georgia can apply for an extension to file their business tax returns and get an additional time of up to 6 months.
Does Georgia allow an extension for state business income returns?
The State of Georgia grants an automatic extension to businesses that already have an approved Federal Form 7004 for the current tax year.
If the business’s federal tax extension was rejected or the business didn’t apply for one, they are required to file state extension Form IT-303 with the State of Georgia.
- Form IT-303 - Application for Extension of Time for Filing
When is the deadline to file Form IT-303 with Georgia?
Georgia Corporate Tax Extensions
- The Georgia State General Corporate Tax Form 600 is due by the 15th day of the 4th month after the corporation’s tax year ends. For Corporations following a Calendar tax year, April 15 is the deadline.
- To request an extension of the Form 600 deadline, corporations are required to file Form IT-303 on or before the same date the business tax return is due.
Georgia S-Corporation Tax Extensions
- Form 600S is due by the 15th day of the 3rd month after the S-corporation’s tax year ends. For S-Corporations following a Calendar tax year, March 15 is the deadline.
- To request an extension for the Form 600S deadline, S-corporations are required to file Form IT-303 on or before the same date the business tax return is due.
Georgia State Partnership Tax Extensions
- Georgia State Partnership Tax Form 700 is due by the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of the taxable year. The deadline for partnerships operating on a calendar tax year is on March 15.
- The partnerships that need an extension of this deadline can file Form IT-303 on or before the same date the business tax return is due and get up to 6 months more time.
Georgia State Fiduciary Tax Extensions
Form 501, Georgia State Fiduciary Tax Return, is due by the 15th day of the 4th month after the end of the fiduciary’s taxable year. The deadline for Fiduciaries operating on the calendar tax year is on
Fiduciaries that need an extension of this deadline can file Form IT-303 on or before the same date the business tax return is due and get up to 5 ½ months
What information is required to file a Business Tax Extension
- Business Name and Address
- FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number)
- Tax year end date
- Estimated Tax Payment
- Reason for requesting extension
How to file Form IT-303 with Georgia using ExpressExtension?
You can file Georgia business tax extension using ExpressExtension in 3 simple steps:
- Choose Form IT-303
- Fill in Form Details
- Download, print, and mail the extension form to the state using the provided address.
How do I pay my balance due to the state when filing a Georgia Business Tax Extension Form?
You can choose to pay your balance due along with your return by using any one of the following options:
Where do I Mail Form IT-303?
Mail Form IT-303 to the following address:
Mail payment Form IT-560 to the following address:
Get Your IRS and State
Business Tax Extension with ExpressExtension
- Automatic extension up to 6 months
- Instant IRS Approval
- File From any Device
- Retransmit rejected IRS returns
- US-Based Customer Support