E-file 7004 Now and Extend your Federal Business Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
- Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Louisiana State Business Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated Feb 27, 2021 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Does Louisiana require businesses to file a separate state business tax extension?
Yes. If a business has not filed a federal tax extension or their extension was rejected by the IRS, they should file a separate state form to extend the deadline of their state
What extension form does the State of Louisiana require?
For Corporation & Franchise Taxes
(Including S & C Corporations)
Businesses that operate as a corporation or an
S-corporation in Louisiana are required to file the state Form CIFT-620EXT to obtain a 7-month extension of time to file their business income tax return.
Form CIFT-620EXT - Request for
7-Month Extension to File
(for C-Corporation & S-Corporation)
Composite Partnership Tax
Businesses operating (as Composite Partnerships) in Louisiana need to file Form R-6467S to obtain a 6-month extension of time to file their business income tax return with
Form R-6467S - Request for
Six-Month Extension to File
(for Composite Partnership)
Businesses operating (as Fiduciaries) in Louisiana need to file Form R-6466 with the state to obtain a 6-month extension of time to file their business income tax return with
- Form R-6466 - Request for
Six-Month Extension to File
When is the deadline to file Form CIFT-620EXT, Form
R-6467S & Form R-6466 with the state
Louisiana General Corporation Tax Extension
(For S & C Corporation)
Louisiana State General Business Corporation tax extension Form
CIFT-620EXT is due within 4 months and 15 days following the end of the corporation reporting period.
Form CIFT-620EXT grants an automatic 7-month extension of time to file Form
Louisiana Composite Partnerships
The Louisiana State Composite Partnership tax extension Form R-6467S is due within 5 months and 15 days following the end of the Composite Partnership’s
Form R-6467S grants an automatic 6-month extension of time to file Form R-6922.
The Louisiana State Fiduciaries tax extension Form R-6466 is due within 5 months and 15 days following the end of the Fiduciary reporting period.
Form R-6466 grants an automatic
6-month extension of time to file Form IT-541.
How do I pay my balance due along with the extension Form?
You can choose to pay your balance due along with your return by using any one of the following options:
- Pay Your Corporation Balance due using the Payment Voucher,
- This voucher is applicable for corporation tax filers that have filed their extension request electronically and are not required to submit their payments through electronic funds transfer. An Electronic Funds Transfer payment is required if the payment exceeds $5,000.
- If You are failed to pay, A late payment penalty of up to 25 percent may also
- For composite partnership tax due, mail in a check or money order with the electronically filed extension payment voucher, Form R-6467V.
- An Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payment is required for all payments of tax due that exceed $5,000.
- By credit card at Officialpayments.com.
Where do I mail the extension Form R-6466?
Mail this voucher with your payment to: