E-file 4868 Now and Extend your Federal Personal Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Kansas State Personal Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated February 21, 2022 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
1. Does Kansas support tax extension for personal income tax return?
2. What Form does the state of Kansas require to apply for an extension?
3. When is the due date to file personal tax Form K-40ES with Kansas?
4. How do I pay my balance due to the state of Kansas?
Does Kansas support tax extension for personal tax returns?Q
Yes, The state of Kansas requires individuals to file a Federal Form 4868 rather than requesting a separate state tax extension.
What Form does the state of Kansas require to apply for an extension?Q
There is no state-specific form to request an extension, as the state of Kansas automatically grants the extension for up to 6 months for individuals to file an income tax return with the state if you have a valid federal extension Form 4868.
When is the due date to file personal tax Form K-40ES with Kansas?Q
Kansas personal tax return is extended to May 17.
The actual due date to file Kansas State individual tax extension Form is April 15 for calendar year filers (15th day of 4th month after the tax year ends).
How do I pay my balance due to the state of Kansas?Q
If you owe Kansas state taxes, your balance must be paid by the regular due date, or penalties and interest will be charged.
You may pay your tax due with check, money order, credit card, E-Check, or ACH Debit or mailing the payment voucher
- Credit Card: You may choose to use your Discover/Novus, Visa, Master Card, or American Express card.
- ACH Debit: You may pay by ACH Debit by going to Kansas state official site. Do not use Form 40V when paying by ACH Debit. You will need to have your bank routing number and checking account number to use this service.
To make a payment with the state, use Payment Voucher (Form 40V) to make a payment.
Where to mail payment Form K-40V?Q
Mail the check with the payment voucher to the following address:KANSAS INCOME TAX KANSAS DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
PO BOX 750260
TOPEKA KS 66675-0260