C-Corporation Tax Extension Filing Requirements
- File IRS Form 7004 with the IRS to obtain an extension for the C-Corporation Tax
- Once Form 7004 is accepted by the IRS, the C-Corporation is granted up to 6 additional months to file their 1120 tax return.
- The IRS Recommends e-filing Form 7004 for more efficient processing and updates on the IRS status
The Deadline to file a C-Corp Tax Extension is
April 15, 2024
E-file your C-Corp Tax Extension with ExpressExtension!
Enjoy Seamless Extension Filing from ExpressExtension!
- Supports IRS and State extensions
- Instant IRS Notifications
- Retransmit rejected returns
- Dedicated customer support
C-Corporation - Tax Filing Requirements
A C-corporation is recognized as a separate taxpaying entity for federal
C-Corporations are generally subject to double taxation, which means they are required to pay corporate taxes on profits, and their shareholders are required to pay individual taxes on their dividends.
Every year, C-Corporations are required to file Form 1120 with the IRS to report their income, gains, losses, deductions, and credits.
When is the Deadline to file Corporate Tax Form 1120
Generally, the due date to file Form 1120 is on or before the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the C-Corporation’s tax year.
For C-Corporations that follow a Calendar tax year, the deadline for filing Form 1120 is on
April 15, 2024..
Is your organization operating outside of the calendar tax year? Find your deadline here.
Tax Extensions for (C-Corp) Corporate Tax Form 1120
- C-Corporations that need additional time to prepare their tax returns can file Form 7004 for an automatic extension from the IRS.
- Filing IRS Form 7004 provides C-Corporations an additional 6 months of time to file their 1120 tax return.
- C-Corporations with a tax year ending on June 30 can request a 7-month extension (Unless they request an extension for Form 1120-POL).
- The due date to file Form 7004 is the same as the corporation’s original 1120
File your C-Corp Tax Extension with ExpressExtension Today!
Businesses of all types, including C-Corporations, can e-file Form 7004 with ease using ExpressExtension, an IRS-authorized e-file provider.
State Tax Extensions for C-Corporations
Some C-corporations may need to file an additional tax extension with their state.
ExpressExtension supports the completion of tax extensions with
Simplifies the Process of Filing a Corporate
ExpressExtension simplifies the filing of your Corporate Tax Extension with the following helpful features,
- Supports Federal and State tax extensions
- ExpressGuarantee - Get your 7004 extensions approved or your money back*
- Option to pay the IRS balance due
- Conveniently file from any device
- Instant Notifications about the filing status
- Re-transmission of rejected returns
- Bulk upload templates and volume-based pricing for bulk filers
ExpressExtension offers all of these excellent Form 7004 filing features for just $19.95. File your tax extension today.
How to E-file C-Corp tax extension?
You can complete and E-file your Form 7004 in just 3 simple steps from
- Choose Form 7004 and enter basic business details.
- Select the form (1120) for which you are applying for an extension
- Enter form details, complete tax payment (EFW or EFTPS), and transmit the form to the IRS.
Our excellent, live support team is available to assist you during the filing process, reach out via email, phone, and live chat.
Avoid IRS late filing fees by e-filing your Corporation’s extension now!
See why our customers choose us year after year
ExpressExtension - The Smart Business Owners Choice
Easy navigation and the information from last year is saved into the system so that I don’t have to type it all in again.
User-Friendly and Fast!
The auto form. Love it! Your site is very user friendly and fast! One chore on my list made easy.
This was the first time that I used your service. The process was very easy and self-explanatory.
Quick and Easy!
Storing my info from past so the process is quick and easy and I did not have to look up anything in my records to complete.
User friendly, information regarding state extensions is readily available. I'm very appreciative that the site is resourceful.
Always an excellent experience, so easy to use and understand..very supportive and service oriented!
Very easy to use, clear instructions, phone numbers and social security numbers pre-fill with dashes in the right places. It all works just great. I did not use customer service or support.
Easiest way to manage filings!
This is absolutely the easiest way to manage tax filings for a small business. We have used Express Extension for 1099s and extensions, and it takes all the pressure out of the process.
Easy to Use
Convenient and easy to use. Also love the email and text features, Thorough process, Sound explanations for each stage (help texts), payment options and Dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I Pay taxes due along with my Extension?
- What is the perfection period for my extension?
- How much time do I have to correct the rejected extension?
- What's the penalty and interest if I fail to pay the taxes?
- How do I resolve the error code [E-File Error Code R0000-902-01]?
- How do I resolve the error code [E-File Error Code