C-Corp Tax Extension
- File Form 7004 to get an extension for your C-Corp Tax Return 1120
- IRS doesn't require any reason for applying for an extension
- Form 7004 provides additional 6 months of time to file Form 1120
- IRS recommends filing Form 7004 electronically for quick processing
File C-Corp Extension in Minutes with ExpressExtension
Corporate Tax Forms Purposes, Due Date, and Extension- Updated March 22, 2022 - 8.00 AM Admin, ExpressExtension
Form 1120 - U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return
Businesses operating as a corporation use Form 1120 to report the IRS about their income, gain, losses, deductions, and credits.
Due Date to file Corporate Tax Form 1120
The due date to file Form 1120 is the 15th day of the fourth month after the end of the tax year. The deadline to file Form 1120 for the 2021 tax year is April 18, 2022.
Is your organization operating in the fiscal year? Find out your due date here.
Extension for (C-Corp) Corporate Tax Form 1120
- Extension for the Corporate Tax Return 1120 can be obtained by filing the IRS tax extension Form 7004.
- Filing the IRS Form 7004 gives Corporation an additional 6 months of time to file their 1120 tax return.
- The IRS Recommends filers to file Form 7004 electronically for quick processing and to get an instant IRS Approval.
Want to file an extension for your corporation? File Form 7004 Now
When is the due date to file an extension for C-Corp Tax Form 1120?
The due date for filing the tax extension for a corporate tax return is the same as the Form 1120 filing deadline. i.e., 15th day of the fourth month after the end of the tax year.
How to file a Corporate (C-Corp) Tax Extension?
The corporation can request the Form 7004 extension using ExpressExtension, an IRS-approved efile provider for tax extension forms. Filing a 7004 extension with ExpressExtension is very simple and can be completed in less than 5 minutes.
- Enter Business Details
- Choose the tax return for which you are applying for an extension (Form 1120)
- Choose Tax Period (Calendar or Fiscal Tax Year)
- Enter tentative tax payment if any and the option (EFW, or EFTPS) that you prefer to pay those tax due
- Review the Form summary, and E-file 7004 with the IRS
Once you filed Form 7004, the IRS will process your extension quickly, and you will be notified about the extension status via email instantly.
Why should I choose ExpressExtension to file my Corporate Tax Extension?
Most of the businesses choose ExpressExtension for these amazing features:
- Extension Guaranteed or Money Back
- Option to pay the balance due
- Compatibility to file from any device
- Filing of State Business Tax Extension
- Instant Notifications about the filing status
- Re-transmission of rejected return
- Bulk upload templates and volume-based pricing for bulk filers
Get all these amazing features for the lowest price $19.95. File your tax extension today.
Is your business an S-corporation?
- Businesses operating as an S-corporation use Form 1120-S to report the income, losses, and dividends of S-Corporation shareholders.
- The due date to file Form 1120-S or an 1120-S extension is usually the 15th day of the third month (March 15, 2022, this year) after the end of the tax year.
See why our customers choose us year after year
ExpressExtension - The Smart Business Owners Choice
Very easy to navigate and complete in a relatively short period of time. I was notified via email that the extension request was accepted by the IRS within seconds of submitting the form. Really, Seconds not Minutes.
- Shawn M Q, Nevada
Convenient and easy to use. Also love the email and text features, Thorough process, Sound explanations for each stage (help texts), payment options and Dashboard.
- Tatchanna C, Georgia
Easy navigation and the information from last year is saved into the system so that I don’t have to type it all in again. Live chat meant live chat, and fast.
Thank you for that.
- Wesley W, Illinois
This is a life-saver! For the first time in 44 years I need to request an extension on my business taxes and I had no idea how I was going to get the Form 7004 from Louisiana on March 13 to Utah by March 15. Thank you for this service.
- Susan D, Georgia
This is absolutely the easiest way to manage tax filings for a small business. We have used Express Extension for 1099s and extensions, and it takes all the pressure out of the process.
- Laura O, Texas
Storing my info from the past so the process is quick and easy and I did not have to look up anything in my records to complete. The email reminder saved me from missing an important filing deadline! Thanks!
- Martin M, New York
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I Pay taxes due along with my Extension?
- What is the perfection period for my extension?
- How much time do I have to correct the rejected extension?
- What's the penalty and interest if I fail to pay the taxes?
- How do I resolve the error code [E-File Error Code R0000-902-01]?
- How do I resolve the error code [E-File Error Code F7004-904-01]?