How to E-file Nonprofit Tax Extension Form 8868 Online?
IRS Form 8868 E-File Requirements:
For Filing Nonprofit Tax Extension Form 8868 you'll need,
- Organization details such as Name, EIN, Address
- Tax Form for which you looking to apply for an extension
- Estimated amount of the taxes you owe, if applicable
Choose ExpressExtension to E-File 8868 Form
- ExpressExtension is an IRS authorized e-file provider of Nonprofit tax extension forms.
- Our step-by-step guide will help you to quickly e-file 8868 in a matter of minutes.
- Our Internal audit checks put into place to make sure that you file your form accurately.
- You will get the status of your extension Form instantly!
- In case your Extension is rejected you can re-transmit it for FREE.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IRS Form 8868?
Form 8868 is an extension form used by charities, nonprofit groups, and other tax-exempt organizations to receive an automatic 6-month extension to file Form 990. As Form 8868 is an automatic extension form, you don't have to provide a valid reason to the IRS for needing an extension.
When is the deadline to file Form 8868?
The deadline to file Form 8868 is due by May 15, 2023.
If you are a Fiscal tax year filer, the deadline is the 15th day of the 5th month after your tax year ends. Find your 8868 Due Date.
What forms can extend using Nonprofit tax extension Form 8868?
You can extend the following Forms using 8868
How to E-File Form 8868?
To e-file an extension for IRS Form 990, get started with ExpressExtension, an IRS authorized e-file provider, and complete your filing in a few simple steps.
- Enter a few basic information about your organization.
- Choose the form for which you are applying for an extension.
- Review Form and submit it to the IRS.
File Form 8868 on time to avoid any late filing penalties.
See why our customers choose us year after year
ExpressExtension - The Smart Business Owners Choice
Very easy to navigate and complete in a relatively short period of time. I was notified via email that the extension request was accepted by the IRS within seconds of submitting the form. Really, Seconds not Minutes.
- Shawn M Q, Nevada
Convenient and easy to use. Also love the email and text features, Thorough process, Sound explanations for each stage (help texts), payment options and Dashboard.
- Tatchanna C, Georgia
Easy navigation and the information from last year is saved into the system so that I don’t have to type it all in again. Live chat meant live chat, and fast.
Thank you for that.
- Wesley W, Illinois
This is a life-saver! For the first time in 44 years I need to request an extension on my business taxes and I had no idea how I was going to get the Form 7004 from Louisiana on March 13 to Utah by March 15. Thank you for this service.
- Susan D, Georgia
This is absolutely the easiest way to manage tax filings for a small business. We have used Express Extension for 1099s and extensions, and it takes all the pressure out of the process.
- Laura O, Texas
Storing my info from the past so the process is quick and easy and I did not have to look up anything in my records to complete. The email reminder saved me from missing an important filing deadline! Thanks!
- Martin M, New York