E-file 4868 Now and Extend your Federal Personal Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of North Carolina State Personal Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated March 28, 2023 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Does North Carolina support tax extension for personal income
- Yes. The state of North Carolina requires individuals to file a Federal Form 4868 rather than requesting a separate state tax extension.
- In case the federal tax extension Form 4868 was rejected, then the individuals can file State Tax extension Form D-410.
What Form does the state of North Carolina require to apply for
Individuals in North Carolina need to file Form D-410 with the state to get a 6-month extension of time to file their personal income tax returns
Form D-400 with the state.
- Form D-410 - Request For Extension Of Time For Filing Individual Tax Returns
When is the deadline to file Form D-410 with the state of
North Carolina State individual tax extension Form D-410 must be filed on or before the 17th day of the 5th month after the tax year ends (May 17 for calendar year filers).
How do I pay my balance due along with the extension Form?
If you owe North Carolina state taxes, you must pay your tax due by the regular due date, or you will be charged with penalties and interest.
Make a tax payment with your extension Form D-410.
You can also pay the tax due online using https://www.ncdor.gov/taxes-forms/collections-past-due-taxes/payment-options or mailing
Mailing Address for filing Extension with
Where do I mail the extension