IRS 7004 Business Extension

E-File IRS Form 7004 Now!

  • Get an automatic 7 month extension to file your business taxes.
  • Quickly and easily e-file with our tax extension software.

IRS Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other Returns, is a request for an automatic extension of time to file certain business tax returns. The deadline to submit a Business Tax Extension Form 7004 is March 15.
The IRS approves extension requests only when you:

  • Complete IRS Form 7004 accurately
  • Make a proper estimate of the tax, if applicable
  • File the form by the original deadline
  • Pay any estimated taxes that are due, if applicable

There are 33 different IRS returns than can have their filing deadlines extended by submitting Extension Form 7004. The IRS typically grants automatic extensions up to 7 months depending on the business type and tax year.
Please note: IRS Form 7004 does not extend the time of payment for taxes. The IRS requires you to make any tax payments before the original deadline of your tax return. Do not let the deadline sneak up on you - e-file your extension today!

Help Video: E-file a BusinessTax Extension Form 7004 with ExpressExtension

You can e-file IRS Form 7004 for a business tax return through Business entities, such as C-Corps and S-Corps, Multi-Member LLCs, Partnerships, Trusts, Estates, and more are eligible to file IRS Form 7004.
The video guides you step by step and shows how easy ExpressExtension makes e-filing a business extension form. You can transmit your return directly to the IRS in a few simple steps and automatically extend your filing deadline up to 7 months.
View all our Help Videos for a full walk through.