E-file 4868 Now and Extend your Federal Personal Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Ohio Personal Income
- Updated February 21, 2022 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
Does Ohio support tax extension for personal tax returns?Q
The state of Ohio supports the automatic extension of time to file personal income tax
What Form does the state of Ohio require to apply for an extension?Q
There is no state-specific form to request an extension, as the state of Ohio automatically grants the extension for up to 6 months for individuals to file an income tax return with the state.
When is the due date to file personal tax Form IT-1040 with Ohio?Q
Ohio personal tax filings are due by May 17 for calendar tax year filers, and the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the taxable year for fiscal year filers.
How do I pay my balance due to the state of Ohio?Q
If you owe Ohio state taxes, your balance must be paid by the regular due date, or penalties and interest will be charged.
You may pay your tax due with check, money order, credit card, E-Check, or ACH Debit or mailing the payment voucher
- Credit Card: You may choose to use your Discover/Novus, Visa, Master Card, or American Express card.
- ACH Debit: You may pay by ACH Debit by going to https://tax.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/tax/individual/file-now/online-services-file-now.
To make a payment with the state, use Payment Voucher (IT-40p) to make a payment.
Where to mail payment Form IT-40p?Q
Mail the check with the payment voucher to the following address:Ohio Department of Taxation,
P.O. Box 182131,
Columbus, OH 43218-2131.