State Business Tax Extension
Louisiana (LA) Requires:
- Businesses in Louisiana are required to file the federal extension Form 7004 in addition to a state extension form.
- C-Corporations & S-Corporations should file Form CIFT-620EXT to apply for a 7-Month Extension of Time to File Business Income Tax Form CIFT-620.
- Businesses that are required to file the Composite Partnership Tax
Form R-6922 can request an automatic extension by
filing Form R-6467S
- Fiduciaries that are required to file Form IT-541 can apply
for an automatic extension using Form R-6466.
File Form 7004 and Extend your Federal Business Income Tax Return Deadline up to 6 Months.
- File extension in few minutes
- No explanation Required
- Quick Processing
- Instant IRS Approval
E-file 7004 Now and Extend your Federal Business Tax Filing Deadline
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
- Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Louisiana State Business Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated Feb 27, 2021 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
Does Louisiana require businesses to file a separate state
business tax extension?
Yes. If a business has not filed a federal tax extension or their extension was rejected by the IRS, they should file a separate state form to extend the deadline of their state tax return.
What extension form does the State of Louisiana require?Q
For Corporation & Franchise Taxes (Including S & C Corporations)
Businesses that operate as a corporation or an S-corporation in Louisiana are required to file the state Form CIFT-620EXT to obtain a 7-month extension of time to file their business income tax return.
Form CIFT-620EXT - Request for 7-Month Extension to File (for C-Corporation &
Note: The Louisiana Corporation & Franchise tax must be filed electronically using https://esweb.revenue.louisiana.gov/OnlineTaxExtensions/
Composite Partnership Tax
Businesses operating (as Composite Partnerships) in Louisiana need to file Form R-6467S to obtain a 6-month extension of time to file their business income tax return with the state.
- Form R-6467S - Request for Six-Month Extension to File
(for Composite Partnership)
Note: Louisiana Composite Partnership tax must be filed electronically using https://esweb.revenue.louisiana.gov/OnlineTaxExtensions/
Businesses operating (as Fiduciaries) in Louisiana need to file Form R-6466 with the state to obtain a 6-month extension of time to file their business income tax return with the state.
- Form R-6466 - Request for Six-Month Extension to File (for Fiduciary)
Note: Make sure to pay any taxes due when filing the extension Form to avoid penalties and interest.
When is the deadline to file Form CIFT-620EXT, Form R-6467S & Form R-6466 with the state of Louisiana?Q
Louisiana General Corporation Tax Extension (For S & C Corporation)
Louisiana State General Business Corporation tax extension Form CIFT-620EXT is due within 4 months and 15 days following the end of the corporation reporting period.
Form CIFT-620EXT grants an automatic 7-month extension of time to file Form CIFT-620.
Note: Make sure to pay any taxes due along with the extension Form to avoid penalties and interest.
Louisiana Composite Partnerships
The Louisiana State Composite Partnership tax extension Form R-6467S is due within 5 months and 15 days following the end of the Composite Partnership’s reporting period.
Form R-6467S grants an automatic 6-month extension of time to file
The Louisiana State Fiduciaries tax extension Form R-6466 is due within 5 months and 15 days following the end of the Fiduciary
Form R-6466 grants an automatic 6-month extension of time to file
How do I pay my balance due along with the extension Form?Q
You can choose to pay your balance due along with your return by using any one of the following options:
- Pay Your Corporation Balance due using the Payment Voucher, CIFT-620EXT-V.
- This voucher is applicable for corporation tax filers that have filed their extension request electronically and are not required to submit their payments through electronic funds transfer. An Electronic Funds Transfer payment is required if the payment exceeds $5,000.
- If You are failed to pay, A late payment penalty of up to 25 percent may also be imposed.
- For composite partnership tax due, mail in a check or money order with the electronically filed extension payment voucher,
- An Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payment is required for all payments of tax due that exceed $5,000.
- By credit card at Officialpayments.com.
Where do I mail the extension Form R-6466?Q
Mail this voucher with your payment to:Louisiana Department of Revenue,
P.O. Box 751,
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-0751.