Pennsylvania State Tax Extensions: Business, Personal, Information and Nonprofit Tax Returns
The Department will grant an extension of time to file a PA income tax return up
to six months. Unless the taxpayer is outside the U.S., the Department will not
grant an extension for more than six months.
Any corporation requesting an extension of time to file a return must submit coupon form REV-853 and payment, if applicable, by the original due date.
For more information like Forms and Payment vouchers, you can visit the corresponding section in this page.
Requesting an Extension of Time to FileAny corporation requesting an extension of time to file a return must submit coupon form REV-853 and payment, if applicable, by the original due date.
REV-853 : PA Corporation Taxes Annual Extension Request Coupon and Instructions.
Instructions to fill Coupon REV-853 :1. Do not use this coupon if electronically submitting an extension request with payment.
2. Enter account information including file period begin, file period end, Revenue ID, corporation name,state of incorporation, EIN and complete mailing address.
3. Enter payments required for capital stock/foreign franchise (CS/FF), loans and corporate net income (CNI) taxes. Also enter total payment. If no payment is being made for a tax, enter zero. You must timely file REV-853 in order to receive an extension, even if you are not making a payment. A six-month extension may be approved by PA if the taxpayer received the corresponding federal extension.
4. Signature, title, date, email address and telephone number must be provided by a representative of the corporation.
5. Make check payable to "PA Department of Revenue" equal to the total payment on Line 4.
Mail the check and coupon to:
PA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE,
PO BOX 280425,
HARRISBURG PA 17128-0425.
6. For information on electronic filing options, visit the e-Services Center at www.revenue.state.pa.us.
7. Must use mmddyyyy format in all date fields.
Why should I use Express Extension?ExpressExtension has an experienced and competent team to meet all your individual and business tax solutions. We provide a complete and easy solution to all your tax needs.
An extension of time to file does not extend the payment deadline.
Follow these procedures to apply for an extension of time to file.
1.If a taxpayer owes income tax with a PA tax return, he/she must pay the tax liability and request an extension of time to file.
(i) Taxpayers may pay by check, electronic funds transfer or credit/debit card. Visit the Revenue e-Services Center to pay and submit a request for extension of time to file electronically. Note electronic processing may not be available to first-time PA filers.
(ii) If a taxpayer remits payment by check, he/she must also submit to the Department Form 276, Application for Extension of Time to File.
2.If a taxpayer has been approved an extension of time to file his/her federal income tax return and does not owe PA income tax with the state return, the Department will grant the same extension for filing the PA tax return. Such taxpayers do not have to submit PA Form REV-276 or federal Form 4868.
3. If a taxpayer has not been granted an extension of time to file his/her federal income tax return, he/she should request a state extension by filing Form 276 in sufficient time for the Department to consider it before the return is due.
Mail Form 276 with or without payment to:
PA Department of Revenue,
Bureau of Individual Taxes,
PO Box 280504,
Harrisburg, PA 17128-0504.
We support only federal tax extension forms.