E-file Form 7004 Now with ExpressExtension
Get 6 Months Automatic Extension
- Automatic Extension
(No Explanation required by the IRS)
- Instant IRS Approval
- Complete Filing in Minutes
- Re-transmit rejected return for Free
- File From any Device
- US Based Support
An Overview of Massachusetts State Business Income Tax Extension Forms- Updated Feb 27, 2021 - 8.00 AM by Admin, ExpressExtension
Table of content
Does Massachusetts support tax extension for business tax returns?Q
Yes. The state of Massachusetts provides the automatic extension of time to file business income tax returns with the state.
What Form does the state of Massachusetts require to apply for an extension?Q
There is no state-specific form to request an extension, as the state of Massachusetts automatically provides the extension for up to 6 months for businesses to file an income tax return with the state. It does not mean that it accepts federal extension.
Note: In order to obtain this extension,
- Businesses operating as a corporation should pay more than 50% of the total amount of tax due or the minimum corporate excise by the original due date for filing
- Businesses operating as a fiduciary or partnership should pay more than 80% of the total amount of tax due by the original due date for filing the return.
How do I pay my balance due to the state of Massachusetts with my extension?Q
You can choose to pay your balance due along with your return by using any one of the following options:
When is the deadline to file a business tax return with Massachusetts?Q
- Businesses in Massachusetts (operating as S-Corporation) have to file their Form 355S by the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of the accounting period.
- Businesses in Illinois (operating as C-Corporation, Security Corporation, Corporate Combined) have to file their Form 355, 355C, & 355U by the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the accounting period.
- Businesses in Massachusetts (operating as a Partnership) have to file their Form 3 by the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of the accounting period.
Where should I mail my Massachusetts business tax payment and voucher?Q
Mail your MA Payment and Voucher Form to the following address:Massachusetts Department of Revenue,
PO Box 7062,
Boston, MA 02204.
Published by ExpressExtension Support, ExpressExtension
Last modified 12/07/2021 6:45:10 AM EST