Which extension form should I file?

The extension form you need to transmit depends on the form you typically use to file your income tax return. For example: If you need an extension for your personal income tax return (Form 1040-EZ) you will need to file IRS Form 4868. Form 7004 is used to extend the deadline for business tax returns and exempt organizations will need to submit Form 8868.

Related Questions

How can I find my estimated tax amount?

What is the Electronic postmark?

How do I know which extension form I need to file?

When is the deadline to e-file a tax extension?

Do I have to provide the IRS with a reason for filing an extension?

Last modified 09 Apr 2018 06:04

Are you ready to file your Tax Extension?