How to E-file Nonprofit Tax Extension Form 8868 Online?
Ready to file your Nonprofit Tax Extension?E-file 8868 Now
Information Required to E-file IRS Form 8868
To file Nonprofit Tax Extension Form 8868, you'll need,
- Basic organization details, such as the Name, EIN,
- Which tax form you are going to be requesting the extension for
- An estimate of the taxes owed,
Important: The information you provide about your organization must match what the IRS has in its database. You can call the IRS at 1-877-829-5500 to verify this.
Benefits of E-filing 8868 with ExpressExtension
- ExpressExtension is an IRS-authorized e-file provider for
- SOC-2 Certified - Your sensitive data is protected by our advanced technology.
- File in minutes with the help of our step-by-step guides.
- Our audit feature checks your form to
- You will get the IRS status of your extension
- If your extension is rejected, you can re-transmit it
Frequently Asked Questions about Form 8868
What is IRS Form 8868?
Form 8868 is an extension form used by charities, nonprofit groups, and other tax-exempt organizations to obtain an automatic 6-month extension for filing Form 990.
This extension is automatic, and you don't have to provide any reason to the IRS for requesting an extension.
Simply complete the IRS Form 8868 before the deadline to get an extension or file Form 990-EZ, 990, & 990-PF with our sister
When is the deadline to file Form 8868?
The deadline to file Form 8868 is due by May 15, 2023.
If you are a Fiscal tax year filer, the deadline is the 15th day of the 5th month after your tax year ends. Find your 8868 Due Date.
Which Form deadlines does the Form 8868 deadline apply to?
You can extend the deadline for filing any of the following Forms using 8868,
- Form 990 or Form 990-EZ
- Form 990-PF
- Form 990-T (For sec. 401(a) or 408(a) trust, other trusts, and Corporations)
- Form 4720 (For individuals and other than an individual)
- Form 1041-A
- Form 5227
- Form 6069
- Form 8870
How do I E-file Form 8868?
With ExpressExtension, you can e-file your extension Form 8868 in a few easy steps and extend the deadline to file your organization’s IRS Form 990.
- Enter basic information about the organization
- Choose the form that you are requesting an extension for
- Review and transmit the complete Form 8868 to the IRS
Ready to E-file Form 8868?E-file 8868 Now
Helpful Resources About Form 8868
See why our customers choose us year after year
ExpressExtension - The Smart Choice for Business and Nonprofit Tax Extensions
Easy navigation and the information from last year is saved into the system so that I don’t have to type it all in again.
User-Friendly and Fast!
The auto form. Love it! Your site is very user friendly and fast! One chore on my list made easy.
This was the first time that I used your service. The process was very easy and self-explanatory.
Quick and Easy!
Storing my info from past so the process is quick and easy and I did not have to look up anything in my records to complete.
User friendly, information regarding state extensions is readily available. I'm very appreciative that the site is resourceful.
Always an excellent experience, so easy to use and understand..very supportive and service oriented!
Very easy to use, clear instructions, phone numbers and social security numbers pre-fill with dashes in the right places. It all works just great. I did not use customer service or support.
Easiest way to manage filings!
This is absolutely the easiest way to manage tax filings for a small business. We have used Express Extension for 1099s and extensions, and it takes all the pressure out of the process.
Easy to Use
Convenient and easy to use. Also love the email and text features, Thorough process, Sound explanations for each stage (help texts), payment options and Dashboard.