IRS Form 7004 E-File Requirements:
For Filing Business Tax Extension Form 7004 you'll need,
- Business details such as Name, EIN, Address
- Tax Form for which you looking to apply extension
- Estimated amount of the taxes you owe, if applicable
How to E-file IRS Form 7004 Online?
E-File 7004 Form with ExpressExtension
- ExpressExtension is an IRS authorized e-file provider of business tax extension forms.
- Our step-by-step filing process with clear help text will help you to easily e-file your Form 7004 with the IRS.
- Our cloud based software will help you to e-file your Form 7004 safely and securely to the IRS.
- Within a few minutes you'll be notified about the status of the IRS approval.
- In case, your Extension is rejected you can re-transmit it for FREE.
- ExpressExtension supports extension for all types of business entities, including
- C-Corps (Form 1120)
- S-Corps (Form 1120S)
- Multi-Member LLCs
- Partnerships (Form 1065)
- Trusts, and Estates ( Form 1041)
What is IRS Form 7004?
The IRS Form 7004 is an extension form for getting an automatic extension of time to file certain business income tax, information, and other returns. Form 7004 is now automatic, meaning you do not need to include a signature or explanation for requesting an extension of time.
When is the deadline to file Form 1120-S (S Corporation Tax Returns)?
S Corporations need to file their tax return by 16th March using the Form 1120-S and if the business needs more time, it can get a six month automatic extension of time to file tax return by filing extension Form 7004.
Doing so will extend your deadline till September 15. Learn more about S-corporation tax extension.
When is the deadline to file Form 1120 (Corporation Tax Returns)?
The due date and taxes of the corporate business must be paid on the 15th of the fourth month after the end of the fiscal year. So, it means that if a business year-end date is on December 31st, then it must file and pay taxes by July 15 using Form 1120.
If you are unable to prepare your 1120 return on time, you can get an automatic six month extension of time to file the tax return by applying Form 7004 with the IRS. So if the due date is on July 15, then you get extension till October 15 for filing the appropriate tax return.
Learn more about Corporate tax extension.
When is the deadline to file Form 1065 (Partnership & Multi-Member LLC)?
The due date for filing the Business Tax return of the partnership and multiple member LLC firm is on March 16th and they must complete it using Form 1065.
If the business is unable to file the tax return within the original deadline, it can get a six month automatic extension of time to file its tax return (Form 1065) using Form 7004. So, a partnership firm would have until September 16 for filing the partnership tax return if they have applied 7004.
Learn more about LLC tax extension.
How to e file s corp tax extension?
To e-file an extension for an S corp, get started with ExpressExtension, an IRS authorized e-file provider and complete your filing in a few simple steps.
- Step 1: Enter few basic business information.
- Step 2: Choose the form (1120-S) for which you are applying extension.
- Step 3: Review Form and submit it to the IRS.
While adding form information, if you have any tax due, enter the details. You can make payment either by EFW or EFTPS.
File extension on time to avoid any late filing penalties.
Can I file an extension for an LLC?
Yes, If you are operating a business under multi-member LLC, apply an extension using Form 7004 and get extension up to 6 month of time to file your business income tax returns. Form 7004 Extension is automatic and IRS doesn’t require any explanation for extension.
Looking to file an Extension for LLC?
Choose ExpressExtension an authorized e-file provider and get automatic extension up to 6 months to file and avoid late filing penalties.