If I am married, do I need to file a separate personal income tax extension for my spouse? How should I file for a federal income tax extension jointly vs. separately?

If you are filing jointly with your spouse, their information must be included on Form 4868. If you are married and your spouse is filing a separate extension be sure to include the total tax paid on both extension on the joint 1040 Form.

Related Questions

What is IRS form 4868?

When is the deadline for filing my personal tax extension?

Who can file Form 4868?

Where to mail paper-form 4868 to file extension for 1040?

How do I apply for a personal income tax extension?

Last modified 04 Apr 2018 18:04

Are you ready to file your Tax Extension?