Why was my return rejected as a duplicate?

The IRS rejected your return because they already received a filing containing your EIN/SSN for the tax year. If you are unsure about the filing, we recommend contacting your CPA or tax professional who handles your income taxes - they may have already filed an extension form for you this year. If you need to contact the IRS directly about the rejection, please dial the following numbers:
For IRS Form 4868: 1-800-829-1040
For IRS Form 7004: 1-800-829-4933
For IRS Form 8868: 1-877-829-5500

Related Questions

How can I find my estimated tax amount?

What is the Electronic postmark?

How do I know which extension form I need to file?

When is the deadline to e-file a tax extension?

Do I have to provide the IRS with a reason for filing an extension?

Last modified 05 Apr 2018 11:04

Are you ready to file your Tax Extension?