What information do I need to e-file a tax extension?

For business or exempt extensions, you will need information such as your EIN/Federal ID number, business name, contact information, the specific form number you usually file, and your estimated tax amount due.
For personal tax extensions, you will need your name, Social Security number, address, the specific form number that you typically file, and your estimated tax due. Please note, if you are married and filing jointly you will need the same information for your spouse.

Related Questions

How can I find my estimated tax amount?

What is the Electronic postmark?

How do I know which extension form I need to file?

When is the deadline to e-file a tax extension?

Do I have to provide the IRS with a reason for filing an extension?

Last modified 05 Apr 2018 11:04

Are you ready to file your Tax Extension?