How do I know which extension form I need to file?

The type of extension form that you need to file depends on the type of form that you normally file your income tax returns on with the IRS. For example, if you need an extension for your personal taxes that you normally file on form 1040-EZ you will need to file a personal extension via IRS Form 4868. Most business extensions are filed via Form 7004 and exempt organizations extensions are filed via Form 8868.

Related Questions

How can I find my estimated tax amount?

What is the Electronic postmark?

When is the deadline to e-file a tax extension?

Do I have to provide the IRS with a reason for filing an extension?

Is there a penalty from the IRS for e-filing an extension?

Last modified 02 Mar 2018 07:03

Are you ready to file your Tax Extension?