What if I am an “Out-of-the-Country” tax filer?

The IRS considers you out-of-the-country if:

  • You live outside the United States and Puerto Rico and your main place of work is outside of the United States and Puerto Rico
  • You’re in military or naval service on duty outside the United States and Puerto Rico
If you qualify as being out of the country, you’ll still be eligible for the extension even if you’re physically present in the United States or Puerto Rico on the regular date of Form 4868.

Related Questions

What is IRS form 4868?

When is the deadline for filing my personal tax extension?

Who can file Form 4868?

Where to mail paper-form 4868 to file extension for 1040 ?

How do I apply for a personal income tax extension?

Last modified 04 Apr 2018 18:04

Are you ready to file your Tax Extension?


E-file 2017 IRS Tax Extension Forms 7004, 4868, 8868, & 8809 in minutes.